On December 4, the 2013 Race to Reduce awards were presented in Toronto. We congratulate this year’s winners for their commitment to reduce energy use in commercial office buildings of all sizes across the Toronto region. Many are customers of ours.
TEAM EXCELLENCE AWARD
For the energy reduction results that come with active and sustained landlord and tenant collaboration:
- Oxford Properties Group and RBC
BUILDING PERFORMANCE AWARDS
- Northam Realty Advisors Ltd., Canada Square, 2190 Yonge Street (Lowest Energy Use, Under 250,000 sq. ft.)
- Morguard Investments, 77 Bloor Street West (Greatest Reduction 250,000 sq. ft. – 500,000 sq. ft.)
- Northam Realty Advisors, Bell Trinity Square (Lowest Energy Use, over 1,000,000 sq. ft.)
- Oxford Properties Group, Richmond Adelaide Centre, 120 Adelaide Street West (Greatest Reduction in Energy Use, Over 1,000,000 sq. ft.)
About CivicAction’s Race to Reduce
Launched in May 2011, CivicAction’s Race to Reduce challenges Toronto region landlords and tenants in office buildings of all types, sizes and ages to publicly commit to work together to reduce energy use in their buildings and to reduce the total energy use in participating office buildings by at least 10 per cent over four years. The aim is to improve air quality in the Toronto region and achieve sustained carbon emission reductions in the office building sector. Currently over 175 buildings are registered in the Race to Reduce, representing over 67 million sq. ft. – or over 32 per cent of the region’s office space.
The project is funded in part through the Conservation Fund of the Ontario Power Authority. Learn more at www.racetoreduce.ca.